David Hsu (徐世岡律師) is of counsel at Givens and Johnston, PLLC. He speaks Mandarin Chinese, enabling him to diligently assist clients in China as well as importers of Chinese products. David focuses his practice on U.S. Customs laws and export controls, anti-dumping and countervailing duties, prior disclosures, tariff classification and valuation of merchandise and assisting in the development of import and export compliance programs. In addition, David is involved in the handling of enforcement actions such as petitions, penalties, seizures and forfeitures on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Prior to joining Givens & Johnston, PLLC, David served as the Principal of the solo civil law practice of David Hsu and Associates for seven years. He also worked contractually for multiple large firms and companies in Houston and Guangzhou, China.
David is active in various bar and civic organizations in Houston and a 7-year participant of the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Equal Access to Justice Champions program, providing pro bono legal services to those in need.
Bar & Court Association
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Texas, Austin, B.A., 2001
Professional & Civic Association
- Asian American Bar Association – Treasurer
- Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Houston Taipei Society – Treasurer
- Houston Lawyer Referral Service, Board of Trustees (2009-2013)
- Houston Bar Association – CLE Committee, Seminar Sub-Committee Co-Chair (2018-2019)